Software developer with a knowledge of portability across diverse and obscure platforms (ported multitudes of software to less mainstream operating systems like AIX, IBM i, Haiku, etc.) and specialized development (work in runtimes such as BEAM and Mono; performed integration work for Mono on IBM i). Into old computers, music, history, etc.
- calvin squiggly symbol cmpct period info
- Mono for IBM i and AIX
- Project maintainer. Run .NET applications om midrange.
- Created. An intentionally boring music player for Windows.
- Created to replace existing system. Content management system for curated software preservation.
More projects (abandoned, half-finished, sometimes even completed) are on GitHub.
- IBM Fresh Face, 2020
- COMMON Student Innovation Award, 2019
Articles Hosted Here
- Win16 for Fun and (Probably No) Profit
- A fun and retrospective look about Microsoft's development tools for Windows 3.1.
- Microsoft's forgotten MIDI soundtrack add-in for PowerPoint
- Microsoft's strange add-in for PowerPoint that gave presentations procedurally generated MIDI soundtracks.
- Network 10
- A story on everyone's favourite subnet.
- Staring Into the COM Abyss
- Extending Windows, the hard way.
Articles Hosted Elsewhere
In an effort to get me to write more, my friends lent me some space on a blog of theirs.
- Run Practical .NET Applications on IBM i with Mono
- Oh hey, I ported Mono!
Things that are interesting, but lack enough information or effort to be an article, so they just remain loose ideas and links.
- Weird analog cellular phone system!
- Weird Alpha motherboard!